background

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sasha Fierce

I'm going to speak my mind tonight.

I have 1 semi-functioning, lazy kidney. I shouldn't call her lazy. She has been on her own for 31 yrs now fighting the good fight. And now she's getting tired. I can't blame her. She's like the single mom who's never received child support. I will call her Sasha Fierce. Like Beyonce.

Well, Sasha Fierce decided to be a party pooper this weekend. It happens from time to time. She gets tired and need attention and flares up. Usually in the middle of the night, I think just to make my man tired. Because he's the one who has to take me to the ER or urgent care for treatment for Sasha Fierce.

We were in Yuma this weekend for Aunt Mary's retirement/birthday party. All the closest family was there (all 3,000 of us) having a great time. I was having a hard time with it all. I just wanted to lay down but, Aunt Mary doesn't retire or have a birthday everyday so, there I was, pretending like my only kidney wasn't trying blow up inside of me. Stupid Sasha Fierce.

We of course, ended up talking to a doctor who frankly, didn't know what to do with me and Sasha and said to call my regular urologist during the week.

I don't normally complain about all of this. But, this is supposed to be the best time of my life and my dumb, lonely kidney wants to steal the show. I will go into logistics about why she's the single parent in my body and what's physically wrong with her later. Tonight, I just wanted to vent.


2 comments:

  1. Stacee, I am so sorry about all of this. We have had to put up with Sasha all your life and I don't know how to fight her but I wish I could. I have seen so many times when we have beat her but I understand how you feel. We wish she would just leave you alone. But, you know you are not alone, we are all behind you and will do whatever it takes to make it better. I wish we could just buy you a new one but we all know better. You just get better and enjoy this happy time in your life. We love you!!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Stacee! I hate that you're having to deal with all that. You are such an amazing woman and it sucks that Sasha's trying to steal your joy. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be, and I'll definitely be praying for healing.

    ReplyDelete