background

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Please, Please, Please, go to bed

No one ever told me it would be easy. I just didn't realize that it would be this hard. What could I possibly be talking about?

Cue scary music...

THE TERRIBLE TWOS!

For a while, I thought we would just skip it. Then, I thought those little cranky moments were it, now I know. We are smack dab in the eye of a terrible twos hurricane. And I'm tired.

Here are a few examples of the Twos.

  • The "NO!!!" -This is typically used in public settings as a way to show you who's really in charge.
  • The "Back-bending tantrum"- My personal favorite. The child will usually use this punishing tactic on the parent after the parent has denied the child yet another toy, or candy, or anything else the child can't possibly live without.
  • The "I wanna sleep in YOU bed"- Our current issue. I can hear the sound of little feet sneaking down the hall now. This refusal to sleep alone can last up to our current record of 1 hr and 45 minutes.

I keep telling myself, It's just a phase and he"ll be three in November. So, I'm hoping on the morning of November 27th, I will wake up to a mature and well behaved three year old and this will all be a memory. Right?



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, right Stacee. LOL Thats cute but I have been through enough kids to know its in your wildest dreams. Sleep well, you have a few years to go!!! Love Ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete