background

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Whole Enchiladas!

What a night! I attempted and was successful in making enchiladas!
"Oh wow, " is what most of you might be thinking. But, most of you reading this have probably been making enchiladas since you were 2. It's a big accomplishment for me.
Let me first of all begin by saying, I will no longer simply order enchiladas and pay my $3-$5 and enjoy my dinner. I will appreciate every bite! It took me 3 hours!!!!! Larry was cleaning Jace's closet (that's his obsession, cleaning closets and pantries) and I began what he told me would be a 15 min process. He came to check on me an hour later to see a huge mess and about 15 rolled enchiladas.
"What are you doing?" he said.

"What does it look like, making enchiladas!"

"Why are you doing it like that?"

"Like what?" I say, at this point annoyed and sweating.

"Rolling them, I don't do that. It takes too long."

"Wow, get back to the closet. Romero's and everywhere else rolls their's and so will I!"

Not willing to admit defeat, I rolled on. This was the finished product,






After our delicious dinner, we played a game with Jace. The game was a father's day gift from Mr. Jim and Miss Beth at Jace's school. They are some of the most thoughtful and creative people I know. I am amazed everytime I pick Jace up at the structure and well balanced playful environment they provide. They are a gift to our most important boy and we are thankful for them every day!

For father's day they took pictures of Jace and made them into a matching game. This was an amazing Father's Day gift. Not only is is a great game to help Jace concentrate and focus, it is something that we will always treasure because it is such a good idea and we all love it.

Jace had a hard time understanding the rules the first few times we played but, once he figured it out, he was so exicted!


High five for Daddy! It is so exciting for me to see Jace figure something out and think through an issue. I can almost see the light bulb going off in his little head!


I feel so blessed to have each day with these boys. I love my life and would not trade it for anything in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stacee,
    I am very impressed. You are doing great. I really never thought you would learn to cook. That is one thing that I have always taken pride in, my ability to cook. I love it and get alot of pride when I acomplish a new thing. Just like making tamalies and the new salsa that your Dad finially likes. It took a while but I did it. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries but you can do it. I am so happy for the life you are having now. Your guys are great and I can see you becoming a wonderful MOM!!! That is what I have always wanted for you. Out of the 3 girls I had I always saw you as the best Mom and it has hurt me so bad that you might not get the chance. Jace has been such a blessing. I know he can be a chalenge, but he has been put in our lives for a reason. He needed you and you needed him. Does Larry know how lucky he is to have you. I will be glad to tell him how very special you are to us!! You amaze me all the time with what you have acomplished. Just wanted to tell you how much I love you!! I miss you too, but I am willing to share as long as you are happy. Love you so much, Mom.

    ReplyDelete