background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Potty Talk

Someday he might hate me for this...
I can't help it...
It's too funny...
Potty Conversations With Jace
This past Sunday, the three of us went shopping. Not regular people shopping, Nordstrom's Last Chance shopping. I really don't enjoy this. I don't like shopping in heavy crowds and especially in unorganized stores.

If you don't know about Last Chance, here's my brief description.


Nordstrom's is known for their very generous return policy. They'll take anything back. I've even heard a story about a lady returning tires there. So, they have to have some place to sell all of this returned stuff. Enter Last Chance.
This store is known for their amazing deals and aggressive shoppers. My man has bought his entire wardrobe there and he looks good. Because of the amazing deals, you have crazy shoppers. They can be mean and pushy. Before they open the doors, they warn everyone of the consequences of aggressive shopping. I don't enjoy shopping here.

While Larry was off doing his non-aggressive shopping, me and the little pickle were left to shop on our own. Then there was an announcement...

"I need to go POOP!"
Flash to my face becoming beet red and me scrambling with Jace to the exit.

On the way to the bathroom I was starting to feel lucky. After all, I had managed to get out of that crazy store. So, up the escalator (with "I do it, don't help me" comments), past two water fountains (drinks from both) and into the bathroom we go.

Once in the bathroom, I placed two of those potty covers down, dropped his pants and placed him on the potty.

This was our conversation.

"Emmy, I need my shirt off"

"No Jace, leave it alone"

"But it hurts my tummy if it's on."

"Ok, fine, give me your shirt."

What's the deal with nakedness on the potty? He likes to have all his clothes off when he has to handle business. I don't get it.

"Emmy, go away."

"I can't go away. We are in a public bathroom. You have to let me stay this time."

"Turn around" was his solution.

Here's the visual. Handicapped stall, Jace naked on the potty with my back turned to him.
And of course, the door didn't lock well.

So, into our stall walks a lady who quickly apologizes but not before she gives me the strangest look I've ever seen. We must have been a sight.

During this seemingly never-ending process, Jace gave commentary on his fellow pottiers.

"Oooh, somebody flushed!"

"Do you hear somebody potty?"

On, and on....

Finally, he was finished. And with the wash of his hands, and the 5oo automatically dispensed paper towels, we were off.


He's going to really hate this blog someday.

2 comments:

  1. That is great!! I still have the best though and yes he will hate me for it. When I was baby sitting Jake he had to go potty. I went out for privacy but he said Nana come back. I like to talk when I go potty because it sounds like this NNNNNNNNAAAAAANNNNAAA, or MMMMMOOOOMMMA, you get the idea. He would hate me telling this but it was so ver funny.
    Love Ya Jace, Keep Emmy on her toes. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read pickle pina in a while and this just made my day! Great lunch time reading and now the public restrooms will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete