background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just my luck...again

I have had terrible luck when it comes to my vehicles since moving to Phoenix. I have had a CD player stolen, a Jeep window slashed in a break in, and my Jeep stolen and recovered. I thought by switching vehicles with my parents and driving their Tahoe that my bad luck would end. I was wrong.

On Monday morning, I was doing my usual running late, hurry-up-get-to-work marathon, when I tried to use the keyless entry to the car. I was bummed that it wouldn't open, but just unlocked it my self instead. The first thing I noticed, was that the front seat was a disaster. I thought Larry might have been looking for something so I proceeded with trying to start the car. Turned the key, nothing happened. By this point, I was getting extremly frustrated. Minutes were passing and I needed to get to work.

I was headed to the house to get Larry to jump the car, and I noticed the hood was popped. I ran into the house and grabbed Larry to come out. He opened the hood and saw that every cord that goes to the battery had been cut. I was baffeled. I didn't understand why someone would cut the battery cords when they were trying to steal a car. Wouldn't it be easier just to drive it?

Larry started looking around the car and realized our thieves were not trying to steal the whole car, they just wanted our third row seat! Of all the things to steal, a third row seat? They didn't want my cute pink jacket or Jace's toys? Larry explained that these seats are a hot item to steal now. It's an easy steal and you can get $400-$500 at a swap market or on Craigslist.com.

I just wish they could have taken the seat without cutting the battery cords. They did this to stop the alarm from going off. We had to get it towed (Jace thought this was very exciting) and are waiting to find out the extent of the damage. I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, remove your third row seat if you're not using them in your cars. I guess they could make a nice couch if you need it. Put it on the front porch. I'm sure it will look really classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment