background

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ultrasound Update

So, today I took the twinados for their 36 wk growth ultrasound. And grow they did. She is weighing in at a whopping 5.6 lbs and he is 5.5 lbs. That's about 11 lbs of babies, people! And we still have 2 weeks to go. I just hope that I don't end up like this Mom.

The babies look great and are measuring fine, except their heads. The tech that was scanning them said that they both have small heads, in the tenth percentile. I think she could tell this was freaking me out a little which prompted her to say "It's probably fine, you have a small head too." What the heck does that mean? I didn't know whether or not to be insulted or relieved.

I came home and told my husband the news of the day and I could see the fear in his eyes. His response? "So, what does that mean? Our kids look like Beetlejuice?" Wow babe, thanks for the sensitivity.

I have spent the majority of the evening doing internet research on tiny baby heads and what that could possibly mean. Apparently it's fine and tiny heads do not equal tiny brains. So, now it's just back to the waiting game. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I would give anything to be told I have a small head...mine's ginormous. Still praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My twins weighed 14 lbs combined: 6 lb 8 oz, and 7 lb 6 oz. I count carrying them until the last 10 days as my first endurance event!!! "Where's the Finish Line?!!"

    I love your word "twinados!!" You are too funny and you'll do great, no matter what. We are cheering for all of you!! Love, Larry's Lovely Wife Deb

    ReplyDelete