background

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tricky babies

I just knew I was having babies today. I really did. I went as far as telling my mom and sister to go ahead and come this way because I was having 8-9-10 babies. As with most everything else in this pregnancy, I was wrong.

Most twins come between 34-36 weeks. Today is 35.4 weeks and it would have be a great day to have a couple kids. I was fully prepared to waddle into my OB's office for her to announce that this was the day and lets do this. I mean, just three weeks ago I was in the hospital for preeclampsia and they were planning on taking them that night. I guess I'm too successful with the house arrest. My blood pressure was better than it has been the entire pregnancy and there is no medical reason to take them.

I was just being selfish. 35.4 is too early. 36-37 is way better but 38 weeks freaks me out! These two probably weigh close to 6lbs each now. That is a lot of baby. I have actually lost weight because lil man is so high up in my abdomen that there is no room in my stomach and I can't eat too much!

I am planning (here I go again with my brilliant plans) to have my big kidney surgery just a few weeks after I have my babies. That's why I need them out! My FMLA is for 12 weeks and that's how I have my insurance (which is at 100%) so I am getting kinda panicky as I chill here at home waiting for these two to make their grand entrance.

My major life lesson throughout this pregnancy is "it's not about me" and being the stubborn girl that I am, this has been a difficult pill to swallow. So, I am going to sit back and be thankful for a little bit more time to prepare for them. I'm sure I will be missing this relaxing time in a few short weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment