background

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More about California

Ok, I will try to wrap up the rest of our trip in today's post. It sounds crazy but I am still tired from the vacation!

We stayed at the Knott's Berry Farm Resort. The best thing about our hotel was that you could see the roller coaster from the patio of our room. Jace would look at the roller coaster and say "don't be scared Daddy."



We had a large group of family with us. Larry's parents, PJ, Lynn, Tessa, Kai, Tanae, Jamie, Aunt Nelly and Uncle Phil, Gina, Aunt Yoli and Uncle Victor, Michael, James, Katie, and Isa, and Aunt Mary and Mikhail were all there so we occupied what seemed like most of the ground floor.

Once we checked in and were settled, Larry and I had a date night. His parents gave us tickets to California Adventure and volunteered to watch Jace for the night so we were set.

This is the two of us on a ride.



We had a great night and were able to get Jace his first pair of ears.







I have a confession... I slipped and let "Vacation Emmy" take over my parenting duties the next morning. I let Jace have cotton candy before breakfast.





I promise that this doesn't go on in our everyday life. I couldn't help it.


After that, we were off to HOLLYWOOD!! I was very excited to go and when I told Jace he was really excited too. I couldn't figure out why a 2 yr old would be so excited about Hollywood. Then he said "We're going to HARLEYWOOD!!" It suddenly hit me that he thought we were going to somewhere to see motorcycles and not movie stars! Of course he was excited.

Finally, it was the day we had all been waiting for.... Knott's Berry Farm day!! We got up early, ate a real breakfast (no cotton candy), and were ready to go!


On this very big day Jace was able to fulfill so many of his dreams!

He got to drive a car...

Fly a plane...




and his favorite...Drive a truck






He would have stayed on the trucks all day.

We left the park with one exhausted little boy.



Grandpa and Nana drove us back to the airport and it was time to head back to Phoenix. On the way home the plane hit a little turbulence and Jace raised his hands and said "woo woo" just like on the roller coasters.


Thank you so much Art and Margaret. We had an amazing weekend and look forward to doing it again. We love you so much and appreciate all you do for
us.

No comments:

Post a Comment