background

Friday, March 19, 2010

When he grows up...

All little boys have hopes and dreams of what they want when they grow up. Our little man is has big dreams too. Big dreams to be able to say bad words.

After dinner tonight, Jace had an interesting question for me. "Emmy, when I turn 21 can I say bad words?" I had to think about this one for a second. "Well Jace, when you turn 21 you will be an adult so I guess you can say bad words if you really need to."

His response, "I will need to say bad words because sometimes grown ups get angry and need to say bad words."

What could I say to that? He is absolutely right. Sometimes grown ups do need to say bad words. And with his obsession with everything grown up (tie, pocket shirt, dress shoes, coffee cup) I guess cussing is just a natural extension of that.

I just hope that along with his desire to say bad words when he grows up will be a desire to maybe attend med school or save the planet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment